Saw four rats, two mice and one cockroach.
Got lost on the subway three times.
Read four books and got halfway through two more.
Went to five museums, three broadway shows and one ballet.
Played checkers in the park.
Made three i-house friends.
Went to a jazz club.
Walked inside the Statue of Liberty.
Somehow avoided Canal Street, Chinatown and Soho.
Fell in love with the Shake Shack.
Saw tons of Hasidic Jews.
Went to two Major League Baseball games.
Paid $10 and something cents to see movies on four different occasions.
Got sick for longer than a day.
Locked myself out of my room twice.
Shook hands with Gladys Knight.
Explored two university libraries and one city library.
Ate at Chipotle four times.
Bought five McDonalds soft-serve vanilla cones.
Went through four favorite songs.
Received two care packages and one card.
Went to more diners and restaurants than I can count.
Started to hate Times Square.
Didn't ever go to bed before midnight.
Only exercised four times?!
Kind of learned how to balance without holding on in the subway.
Crossed the Brooklyn Bridge.
Went to Coney Island.
Saw two guys dressed in drag.
Saw the AIDS walk.
Watched ten episodes of Arrested Development.
Went to Little Italy twice.
Saw an Alta sticker on a car.
Saw a man carrying a little dog in his backpack.
Went on a day trip to Connecticut.
Realized that parks and balconies are how people survive in the city.
Learned about crosstown busses.
Got a free skateboard from my boss.
Didn't walk through the projects like I'd hoped.
Had frozen hot chocolate at Serendipity.
Went to the Belmont Stakes horse races.
Looked out on the city from the top of Rockefeller Center.
Ate at Carnegie Deli.
Saw a crosswalk red hand signal that someone had made to look like it was flipping you off.
Discovered that I like guacamole.
Went to a jazz concert on the summer stage in Central Park.
Decided to buy some heels.
Had more missionary experiences than I had in my whole life.
Ate more pizza in seven weeks than I had in my whole life.
Heard the f-word more in one day than I had in my whole life.
Got to the point where I didn't have to look at my subway map.
Had my bubble of personal space popped several times on the subway by unknown people.
Visited the Scientology building twice.
Saw Tom Cruise.
Snuck onto the i-house roof twice.
Fell in love with Bryant Park.
Definitely saw David Blain in his bubble.
Saw David Blain almost drown in his bubble.
Determined what kind of co-worker I want to be.
Discovered what kind of boss I want to work for.
Started wishing that there were more black and hispanic people in Utah.
Walked through Harlem with one other girl at one in the morning.
Uncharacteristically slept with my windows open.
Laid down flat in an elevator.
Appreciated that New Yorkers are more friendly than everybody says.
Missed a lot of people.
Didn't buy a single souvenir for anyone.
Realized that there are people who can be everything you want.
Made some lifelong friends.

Won't ever forget.
Getting away is so much fun. I'm glad you loved it!
ReplyDeleteI am glad to see that you are an arrested development fan and that you can balance in the subway. In Argentina we didn't have to try to balance. They were usually so packed you couldn't fall if you tried.
ReplyDeleteAnd how many people were in the elevator when you laid down? Did you know them?