I now pay $72 a month (an increase of $52 from my Provo days, and that's with my corporate discount) to keep myself in shape at New York Sports Club. So is it worth it you ask? Yes. I actually think it is.
I had my first real celeb sighting this week (My New York living was finally validated!!). I was at Mojo Coffee on Charles Street brainstorming for a project with a few co-workers. One of my them had just finished telling us that he had seen Mandy Moore at Starbucks the day before, when this girl walked in.
"Hmmm," I thought. "That's sort of weird, because that looks like Mandy Moore too."
And it took me a minute to solidify this claim—because she looked so normal!—but I did solidify it. And then I continued to keep glancing at her for the remainder of her hot cocoa stay. We made eye contact a few times. My co-workers did not relate to my excitement level on this subject, but they also didn't watch her "Candy" video when they were, like, 14, or cry their eyes out during "A Walk to Remember" with their best friends at the dollar theater in high school.Fast forward. Two days later. Same coffee shop on Charles Street. Same project we're brainstorming for. Mandy Moore walks in again. Whaaat.
And last but not least! I learned how to send an InDesign, Preview, or Acrobat document as a DOUBLE-SIDED document to the printer. This probably wouldn't make it on the Smilestones list of any of you people, but for me, it's: say goodbye to manual double-sidedness. I am now in the ranks of the Cougar Creations girls. Except I'm nicer.
I would have been just as stoked to see Mandy Moore as you were. That is awesome and twice? You are one lucky girl.
ReplyDelete-Becca
Soooo true about the Cougar Creations employees! I don't know what makes them so cranky--maybe the smell of copier toner all day long does something to braincells related to pleasantness. Congrats on the celebrity sightings!
ReplyDeleteTeach me to print double sided. I have a mini book I've been ichin to print and that would be a great help. Also if you could print hundreds of copies for me that would help too, but I won't get me hopes up on the latter.
ReplyDeleteTeach me to print double sided. I have a mini book I've been ichin to print and that would be a great help. Also if you could print hundreds of copies for me that would help too, but I won't get me hopes up on the latter.
ReplyDeletedont you EVER put yourself on the same level as those cougar creations girls, you know how i feel about them
ReplyDeleteAmen to the cougar creation crazies... and to the candy video!! hahahaa i completely understand
ReplyDelete