New York has had a relatively mild winter. There have been bitter days, windy days, but the snow has visited us only a few times, and even then it didn't stick much. Turns out I had a flight booked for the
one day in my Manhattan Winter that it snowed buckets. So I chilled at JFK for 9 hours (No, I did not want to go all the way home and then go all the way back. What is the point.) I tried to pretend that I was reading and listening to music at a coffeeshop in the city, because sometimes that's what I wish I could do all day long instead of go to work: be a tortured writer/designer and work on my MacBook Pro in coffeshops every day. Well, my imagination didn't hold out for very long, so I impatiently read
Into the Wild, listened to Bon Iver, and texted.

Here was my day at the airport:
6:30 a.m. flight = Cancelled
Supposed to originally arrive in SLC at 10:30 a.m.
11:30 a.m. flight = Cancelled
3:00 p.m. flight = Got on standby
Arrived in SLC at 6:30 p.m.
Luggage lost (reaffirmed my lack of faith in the combo of Delta + JFK Airport)
But I still had the BEST WEEKEND EVER. Golden pics to come.
- your flight being canceled and you having to wait it out at JFK all that time saddens me
ReplyDelete- i don't think I would have gone home either
- i'm glad you had such a great weekend
- you look really hot in that picture (must be because you're golden).
lol on the tortured writer, I think we all have a side that wants to be that. btw that picture is super pretty, your eyes are so blue. anyway, sounds like a fun weekend.
ReplyDeletehello hello! i first want to say don't DIS Delta!:) and second ... i envy that you get to sit in coffee shops on your laptop in NEW YORK! actually i really just envy that you live in NEW YORK! i love it there soooo much! hope you had a great brithday too!
ReplyDelete