Friday, August 21, 2009

are spoilers ok to blog about if they're seven years behind?

I stayed up way too late watching Felicity (I realize those of you who haven't watched this show will have no interest whatsoever in this post), and just finished it (didn't have work today). Loved it, of course. Cried through the whole graduation episode. It reminded me of some other times in my life, graduating college being the most likely time. But then the whole time travel thing? Really? Felicity is a drama, but it's a realistic drama. So...confused by that, but I guess the 104º fever thing is sort of acceptable as an explanation.

I think I always hoped Noel would win. Yes, that's what I hoped. Sorry Milan.

Why was Elena alive again? And married to Tracy? If Felicity had been dreaming all of the time travel stuff because of her fever, that wouldn't have changed the fact that Tracy and Elena called off their wedding forever ago, or that Elena got killed in a car crash. It's like they wrapped up that part a little too neatly.

Felicity fans? Console me.

9 comments:

  1. Well, originally the fourth season was supposed to end with the episode ben comes back to her in CA. But then the network asked them to make it a few episodes longer so they came up with the time travel crap.

    I have seen felicity many a time and always enjoy hearing about other fans besides tiffany and amber. I am a ben fan through and through though.

    Talk back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was always so confused by that too! Thanks for the explanation Meredith. I thought I would be a Noel fan this time around but nope. I love me some Ben.

    There was one thing that drove me crazy this time too, the sad piano music anytime something serious happened. It started in the Ruby's Pregnant episodes and continued til the end. I couldn't take anything seriously during that music.

    I loved the drama. Someday I will have legal copies of the show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to basically say Meredith's comment. There's also a deleted scene that explains everything too.

    And I think the piano music is so funny! So Felicity. Even better than the piano music is "Hey..."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also ditto on Meredith's last comment. Go Ben, and go Felicity fans.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i wonder where i can see this deleted scene. I'll have to check to see if the dvd has it.

    thanks guys, i feel a little better about this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. nobody said anything about elena and tracy. that was weird, right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't really have anything to add explanation wise, but as a fan I felt like I should contribute to this post. Felicity is one of my favorite shows- ever. I have always loved Ben. I remember exactly where I was when I watched the last episode of Felicity when it aired on the WB- I cried.

    Yeah, the whole Elena and Tracy thing is weird. I think it was like the happily ever after option of Felicity.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you always hoped big lipped noel would win!??

    ReplyDelete
  9. So I know this post is super old, but I saw it one time when I was looking at your past blog entries.

    I just finished Felicity. I've been kind of addicted to it over the past month or so. I thought it was SO good...

    ...until the end. Why the heck could they not just end with the graduation episode? The time-traveling was stupid, even though I wanted Noel to win in the end. And I was super upset that Ben cheated with Claire. Stupid.

    But I guess that the rest of the show makes up for it. I was surprised (and kind of embarrassed) at how much a tv show could make me FEEL.

    Especially the graduation episode. I cried at graduation in April, and I was definitely crying when I watched Felicity's graduation the other night. I feel like some of the things she was feeling throughout the show were things that I've been going through now over the past year.

    Is it crazy that I loved it so much? I'm sad I'm finished. Haha.

    ReplyDelete

comments are fun.