






Someday when I have more bookshelves and space and have pulled the rest of my books from storage I'd like to organize them so What Is the What is not next to Tuck Everlasting, and The Color Code isn't neighboring Peace like a River. I want to put my books in sections: nonfiction, classics, contemporary fiction, religion, art/creativity, health, young adult fiction, and foreign language. I'd alphabetize. I'd like all of Cormac McCarthy to be together, and I'd like Interpreter of Maladies next to The Namesake and Unaccustomed Earth.Maybe I'd organize them all by color.
Just noticed I have two copies of The Kite Runner.
There's nothing wrong with a little organization.
ReplyDeleteNice to internet meet you.
don't worry I still have and am reading the book thief- the problem is i'm also reading like 3 other books. thanks for the loan.
ReplyDeleteI like your shelves. I crave organization too, but there's nothing quite as beautiful as unmitigated chaos on a bookshelf. It bears loud and instantaneous witness that you are a person who reads her books, not displays them. My favorite bit is that "Art Through the Ages" is upside down.
ReplyDeletei put them by color...i am a little ocd like that.
ReplyDeleteI love the way your books look, and books in general! Nice collection, we own a lot of the same ones.
ReplyDelete