Friday, August 28, 2009
you mean so many other people feel this way?
So often I think:
What do I have that nobody else does?
What can I do that no one else has done?
I want to create something, but what?
I want to start something, but how?
Am I even any good at this stuff?
And although these feelings are frustrating and hard to deal with, I'm grateful that I have them. I'm so grateful for the plans and ideas, for the desire to create. These feelings push me; they keep me pursuing, progressing. For all the projects that I don't finish or that don't go anywhere, at least I'm still trying, at least I'm doing something. Maybe someday it'll go somewhere.
I don't like when that fire goes out, because I can't ever figure out how to bring it back. But eventually it always comes back on its own.
video by zack arias, photographer
some follow-up questions by viewers and his responses here
Thanks, Nattles, for showing this to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I may have gotten a little teary-eyed watching this. I have never had my thoughts said by another person-or at least not this well.
ReplyDeleteI'm pretty sure you can do many things I cannot do. Being creative is definitely one of your talents!
ReplyDeleteBut yes, I'm sure everyone feels that way.
You are wonderful Bec!
I kept this unread for like a week until I had time to watch it. And yes, I always feel that way in Winter. Except it's music instead of photography.
ReplyDelete